Sun Sensor on a Chip (SSOC) is a two-axes and low cost sun sensor for high accurate sun-tracking, pointing and attitude determination. The device measures the incident angle of sun ray in two orthogonal axes, providing a high sensitivity based on the geometrical dimensions of the design.
nanoSSOC sun sensor is based on MEMS fabrication processes to achieve high integrated sensing structures. nanoSSOC-D60 has tiny size, low weight and low power consumption to be the perfect ADCS solution for nanosatellite platforms like Cubesats.
· Type：2 orthogonal axes
· Field of View：±60º
· Accuracy：< 0.5 º (3sigma) , < 0.1 º (precision)
· Electrical interface：4 voltage outputs, 10-pin micro-connector
· Power supply：3.3V / 5V , < 23mA consumption
· Mechanical interface：43 x 14 x 5.9 mm , 6.5 g
· Housing：Aluminum 6082 , Black anodizing
Qualification Data and Flight Heritage:
· Operating Temperature：-30º to 85º Celsius
· Radiation：>30 kRad (gamma) , 6 MeV 3000 kRad (protons)
· Random vibration：14.1g @ 20-2000 Hz
· Shock：3000 g @ 1-100 ms
· More than 50 units included in more than 10 missions.